Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Random Impulse- Being

So, yea writing this piece I confirm a feeling I have had for a few weeks now. When we started our class with poetry, all I wanted to write was prose. Now, however, I feel a tug at the challenge to write poetry. I am really torn right now, but don't know to either patch that tear or simply let it bleed. Seeing your life-blood leave you lets you see life. Anyways, I was watching a newer film(2002) starring Bob Dylan, and it had so many great monologues(my junkyard will be filled this week) but one stood out in particular to me. Here is what I wrote, I'm high but I enjoyed it.

His voice presented to me a life-changing thought. Seeing Jake Fate in his later years made me think of how opposite and greater than the Rolling Stones he was. He didn't try to be who he was, he was who he was every moment of who he was. He wasn't who he used to be, he was already he. He existed in his own current moment.
I used to wonder what living is, I now no longer wander.

P.S.
I did in fact correctly spell the last word, because it is not the same as 'wonder'.

No comments:

Post a Comment