Sunday, March 20, 2011

Classmate Response #8 Whitney's "It'll Be Fine" Part 1

Wow, what a great short story! Your vivid descriptions do an excellent job of helping the reader feel the experience of young adults having a unfortunate evening partying. I was really able to relate with the character's indifference to the situation from my own experience of friends' reacting to accidents while drinking. By making the short story more than one part, you create a desire to immediately read the next part to find out exactly what happened to Kim. I especially loved the conversation about the road block, you can't run from them! The only thing I could find to work on would be the instance that read, "who were pacing back and forth making bald spots in the hay". While you projected the character's indifference in the conversations, this instance seems to contradict their feelings. Other than that, I think you have a great piece and look forward to the next installment!

1 comment: