Saturday, January 29, 2011

Rest of Junkyard Quotes

One day I want to make choices, not simply practice acceptance.- From a really cool class discussion Wednesday night. It was a great discussion that brought out a great deal of emotions form the class.

You end up becoming this perk, gung-ho version of yourself that you know, is just revolting.- Douglas Coupland
I chose this quote, because I feel its words touch the way I have felt many times in my life, even now. I enjoy reading sharp quotes that spark my to reflect on my feelings of the past, and now.

The poet is one who often thinks by feeling.- Edward Hirsch
I read this and felt in strong agreement of the statement. It helps remind me of what I need to be able to write and really connect with people.

But if any man comes to the gates of poetry without the madness of the Muses, persuaded that skill alone will make him a good poet, then shall he and his work of sanity with him be brought to nought by the poetry of madness, and behold, their place is nowhere to be found.- Socrates
A quote similar to the one above. It reminds me of what inspiration is, and how I have felt when it struck me before. Reminds of of Maslow's categorization of "type" people.

No comments:

Post a Comment