Saturday, January 22, 2011

Classmate Response #1-Angela's Second Random Impulse

You're suffering from the Hero Comples
Attempting to save one charity case at a time
but forgetting that you need to save yourself first

 Being interested in psychology, this poem really stood out to me. It is concise and yet able to convey a powerful point in social work. Is the word after Hero supposed to be compels? The spelling kind of threw me off, so if I am misinterpreting please let me know! Following Jen's example for classmate responses, I'll now attempt to twist your poem around. I really enjoy how your poem is arranged now, but hopefully my twisting will assist you in revision. The visual I get from your poem is the martyrdom often associated with people in social work. To me, the use of martyrdom in place of hero strengthens the last line's idea.

You're suffering from Martyrdom
Attempting to save charity cases
Forgetting, to save yourself

I hope this helps, you have a great poem so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment